Month and Flower Text in three different fonts
Now you can add the month and flower name to the Birth Flower embroidery patterns. This Month & Flower PDF pattern includes text for all 12 months and all 12 flowers, in three different font styles - cursive, straight line, and a fun, funky font. Just add the text to your embroidery pattern, stitch, and enjoy!
Skill level: Beginner. You can do it!
The 18-page PDF pattern includes:
- Information on three transfer options
- Simple embroidery instructions
- Twelve month names and birth flower names in each of the three fonts in an easy-to-trace black and white pattern
- Twelve month names and birth flower names in each of the three fonts in reverse for an iron-on transfer pencil.
Transferring the embroidery pattern:
There are two copies of the pattern included in your PDF so that you can choose which transfer method works best for you. Here’s a brief description of each option:
- The black and white pattern makes it easy to transfer the image onto your fabric by tracing or printing on an embroidery stabilizer. Our favorite way to transfer this version of the pattern is to print on Sulky Stick’n Stitch. You can also trace the pattern onto your fabric with a Water-Soluble Marker or a regular pencil.
- The reverse black and white pattern works best with an iron-on transfer pencil. This is a special pencil that, when used to trace the pattern, will iron onto the fabric. It’s best to use this pencil with transfer paper, or even tissue paper, but it can be used with regular paper as well. Most iron-on transfer pencil lines are permanent.
To view the file you will need to have Adobe Reader. You can download a free version of Adobe Reader here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Where do I download my PDF file?
After checking out, you will receive an email that contains a link to download the pattern.
Likewise, your PDF pattern will also be added to your Digital Library. To access your Digital Library, log in to your account on the Penguin & Fish website (if you haven't created an account yet, be sure to do so with the same e-mail address you used to check out) and go to “My Digital Library."
- Which stitch is best for stitching letters? How many strands should I use?
When stitching letters, it really comes down to preference on which stitch you use and how many strands. We like using the backstitch because it is the easiest one to navigate small curves.
How many strands to use will vary based on the size of your letters and the space you're stitching in. Typically, we use two or three. If you want the letters to have a thinner look, try two strands, if you'd like them bold, then three.
- Where can I get the Birth Flower patterns?
We'll be releasing the Birth Flower patterns in the month of that flower (ex. January Carnation in January, etc.) throughout the 2023 year for Embroidery of the Month. Once the pattern is released, it will be added to the Birth Flower Collection here.
Pattern is for personal use only, please do not distribute. COMMERCIAL USE IS PROHIBITED. All designs ©Penguin & Fish