So you have an unfinished embroidery project...
Woo-hoo! You finished an embroidery project. Or maybe you decided to start a project, despite the fears and hurdles in your way - way to go! Now you may find yourself thinking, 'What am I going to do with this project?'.
For me, embroidery is often about the stitching journey more than the end result. I really enjoy the zen that comes with every stitch and the woosh of the floss passing through the fabric. Because of this, I often have to find creative ways to use my finished embroidery pieces... you can only put so many on the wall.
If I had to guess, I'd say I'm probably not alone in feeling this way about embroidery, so I’ve compiled a list of unique ways to use embroidery projects. Some of these I’ve done before, and others I'm looking forward to trying. Whether you have a pile of finished embroideries lying around or are looking for some inspiration on what else to embroider onto, you're sure to find something in this list.
Feel free to drop a comment below on your favorite way to use embroidery - we love to try new things!
25 fun and unique ways to use embroidery
Turn your finished embroidery into a zipper pouch and use it for gifting!
- Finish your embroidery in the hoop and hang it on the wall.
- Stitch onto pillowcases.
- Enlarge a pattern and stitch it with yarn.
Stitch embroidery designs onto dish towels for the kitchen.
- Give an unique gift by stitching onto an apron.
- Customize cloth napkins with a fun embroidery design.
- Stitch initials or a design onto a handkerchief.
Sew your embroidery into a tote bag, or stitch right onto a cotton or canvas tote bag you already have.
- Frame your embroidery in a picture frame.
- Make a lavender sachet or other type of potpourri bag.
- Create a necklace from your favorite mini embroidery design.
Embroider a small design and sew it onto a greeting card.
- Create a patch for your jean jacket or backpack.
- Combine embroidery stitches with felt and create coasters.
- Turn your embroidery, or multiple embroideries, into a table runner.
- Make a quilt.
- Stitch a design onto a pencil case, or turn a finished embroidery into a pencil case.
- Create a lovely coffee mug cozy.
- Mount an embroidery onto a pre-stretch canvas.
- Stitch a series of embroidery patterns for a cloth baby book.
- Embroider directly onto felt and create a pin.
- Make your embroidery into a pillow.
- Decorate an embroidery hoop and use it as a frame.
- Stitch a small embroidery design and use as a Christmas ornament
FREE Stitching Raccoon Sampler
If you're ready to gorw your embroidery skills and knowledge of basic embroidery stitches, check out our FREE Stitching Raccoon Sampler! Refer back to your finished sampler for future projects or hang it in your craft space for a spark of joy.
How it works: Sign up on the form below and then add the free pattern to your cart. Go through the checkout process (you will not have to enter payment unless you add additional products). A link to the pattern will be emailed to you after checkout. This process will store the pattern in your Digital Library on penguinandfish.com as well.