About 10 years ago, I drew out an animal character for each letter of the alphabet. These drawings soon became embroidery patterns which led to the beginning of Penguin & Fish.
Now, after all these years, I'll be stitching each of these patterns during our evening Livestream to make into a quilt that will be auctioned to raise funds for a local charity. This bundle includes everything you'll need to start stitching along with me! Click the link above to learn more about the Stitch Along.
The ABC Stitch Along supplies bundle includes:
- All 26 iron-on ABC Animal patterns (A-Z)
- The Complete Collection of Penguin & Fish embroidery floss (23 colors).
- Embroidery Scissors (design & color may vary by bundle)
- An 8-inch bamboo embroidery hoop
- 30 - 10-inch squares of unbleached cotton fabric
- A pack of two embroidery needles
- Penguin & Fish beginner embroidery stitch guide
- Making Your Embroidery guide
Beginner. You can do it!
Each paper pattern includes:
- An image of the finished embroidery
- Iron-on transfer version of the pattern, can be used up to 5 times
- Easy to trace black and white version of the pattern
- Color guide for stitches
- Instructions for basic embroidery stitches
Transferring the embroidery pattern:
There are two copies of the pattern so that you can choose which transfer method works best for you - you can iron the pattern onto your fabric, or trace the pattern. Here’s a brief description of each option:
- The iron-on embroidery pattern (labeled “iron me”) makes it easy to transfer the image onto your fabric. Just lay the iron-on pattern with the image facing your fabric and gently iron the back of the paper with a dry iron. Once the image is transferred, you’re ready to go! Keep your iron-on pattern and re-use it up to 5 times.
- The embroidery pattern for tracing (labeled “trace me”) is easy to use with an embroidery tracing pen, or you can use a pencil. Simply lay your pattern face up, with the fabric on top, and trace the pattern onto your fabric. Save the pattern and re-use it as many times as you would like!
- If someone has never embroidered before, how will they know what to do?
From putting the fabric in the hoop to threading your embroidery needle, and through to your first stitches, we’ve got you covered! Our included embroidery guides will help you through each step. You can also join us over the Livestream to ask questions along the way!
- Are these patterns available individually?
- Can my younger child stitch the patterns included in this gift bundle?
We’ve known kids as young as 6 to stitch our patterns. We recommend 13 and up, but a crafty kid under 13 should be able to stitch this pattern with adult supervision.
Pattern is for personal use only, please do not distribute. COMMERCIAL USE IS PROHIBITED. All designs ©Penguin & Fish
I love everything!
So glad to get the whole set of embroidery blocks.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.