Don't forget the label! Often the last piece to go onto the quilt, the label helps us remember when we made a quilt, who it was for, and even what pattern we used. So, we combined our love for quilting with embroidery in these quilt label patterns. Stitch up the border, write the information in with a Micron Pen, applique it to your quilt and enjoy the feeling of a completed quilt. Ahh.
Skill level: Beginner. You can do it!
Pattern size: Each pattern is approximately 6" x 6" (about 15 cm x 15 cm) - Feel free to enlarge or shrink each pattern to your desired size, though!
- Includes 4 different quilt label designs
- Be creative and stitch the quilt label border in whatever colors you'd like
The 9-page PDF pattern includes:
- An easy-to-trace black-and-white pattern for each of the 4 patterns
- A black and white pattern in reverse for for each of the 4 patterns
Transferring the embroidery pattern:
There are two copies of the pattern included in your PDF so that you can choose which transfer method works best for you. Here’s a brief description of each option:
- The black and white pattern makes it easy to transfer the image onto your fabric by tracing or printing on an embroidery stabilizer. Our favorite way to transfer this version of the pattern is to print on Sulky Stick’n Stitch. You can also trace the pattern onto your fabric with a Water Soluble Marker or a pencil.
- The reverse black-and-white pattern works best with an iron-on transfer pencil. This is a special pencil that, when used to trace the pattern, will iron onto the fabric. It is best to use this pencil with specific transfer paper, but it can be used with regular paper as well. Most iron-on transfer pencil lines are permanent.
To view this file you will need to have Adobe Reader. You can download a free version of Adobe Reader here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Where do I download my PDF file?
After checking out, you will receive an email that contains a link to download the pattern.
Likewise, your PDF pattern will also be added to your Digital Library. To access your Digital Library, log in to your account on the Penguin & Fish website (if you haven't created an account yet, be sure to do so with the same e-mail address you used to check out) and go to “My Digital Library."
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.