Bring this luminescent fairy moth to life with the Luna Moth embroidery pattern! This nocturnal moth features simple lines and basic stitches. We also introduce the fishbone stitch in this pattern. Whether you’re brand new to embroidery or a long-time crafter, stitching this pattern will be a delight.
Got a friend that's new to embroidery? Gift this all-inclusive embroidery kit to get them started!
Skill level: Beginner. You can do it!
Pattern size: 5 1/2" x 5" (approximately 14 cm x 13 cm)
Basic embroidery stitches used: backstitch, running stitch, satin stitch, fishbone stitch, chain stitch, and French knot stitch
The Luna Moth embroidery kit includes:
- 1 - 10 1/2-inch fabric square, pre-printed
- Pocket Skeins embroidery floss (enough to complete the project)
- 1 embroidery needle
- (1) 8-inch embroidery hoop
- A high-quality color postcard of the finished embroidery
- Detailed embroidery instructions including how to get started, a color and stitch guide, and basic embroidery stitches
- The Penguin & Fish Embroidery Guide
Fabric is a cotton/poly blend.
Pocket Skein 6-strand embroidery floss is 100% Egyptian cotton.
The embroidery hoop is wood or bamboo.
- I’ve never embroidered before, will I be able to do this kit?
Yes! You can do it. Not only does this kit come with everything you need to start stitching right away, including the pattern already pre-printed onto the fabric, but it also comes with our step-by-step embroidery guide. From putting the fabric in the hoop to making your first stitches, we’ve got you covered!
- What other supplies will I need?
Our all-inclusive kits come with all of the embroidery supplies you'll need to start stitching right out of the box. The only thing you will need is a pair of scissors!
- Can my younger child stitch this pattern?
We recommend 13 and up, but a crafty kid under 13 should be able to stitch this pattern with adult supervision. We’ve known kids as young as 6 to stitch our patterns.
Pattern is for personal use only, please do not distribute. COMMERCIAL USE IS PROHIBITED. All designs ©Penguin & Fish
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.