It’s time to embrace the season with this sweet cardinal perched on an evergreen bough. We think this pattern would make a sweet gift for a friend, either as an embroidery kit or all stitched up!
Skill level: Beginner. You can do it!
Pattern size: 5 1/2" x 5" (approximately 14 cm x 13 cm)Basic embroidery stitches used: backstitch, satin stitch, French knot, single chain stitch
The Cardinal Evergreens embroidery kit includes:
- 1 piece of unbleached cotton muslin fabric with the pattern pre-printed onto it
- Pocket Skeins embroidery floss (enough to complete the project)
- 1 embroidery needle
- (1) 8-inch embroidery hoop
- A high-quality color postcard of the finished embroidery
- Detailed embroidery instructions including how to get started, a color and stitch guide, and basic embroidery stitches
- The Penguin & Fish Embroidery Guide
Fabric is 100% cotton muslin.
Pocket Skein 6-strand embroidery floss is 100% Egyptian cotton.
The embroidery hoop is wood or bamboo.
- I’ve never embroidered before, will I be able to do this kit?
Yes! You can do it. Not only does this kit come with everything you need to start stitching right away, including the pattern already pre-printed onto the fabric, but it also comes with our step-by-step embroidery guide. From putting the fabric in the hoop to making your first stitches, we’ve got you covered!
- What other supplies will I need?
Our all-inclusive kits come with all of the embroidery supplies you'll need to start stitching right out of the box. The only thing you will need is a pair of scissors!
- Can my younger child stitch this pattern?
We recommend 13 and up, but a crafty kid under 13 should be able to stitch this pattern with adult supervision. We’ve known kids as young as 6 to stitch our patterns.
Pattern is for personal use only, please do not distribute. COMMERCIAL USE IS PROHIBITED. All designs ©Penguin & Fish
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.