This cute llama is the perfect embroidery kit for beginners. All the supplies you need to get started are included in this kit. Learn the basics of embroidery with this simple, fun design. With easy-to-read instructions, you’ll learn how to transfer a pattern, put the fabric in a hoop, and complete basic embroidery stitches. When you’re finished, display your creation in the hoop provided.
Beginner (ages 13+). Crafty kids under 13 may also be able to do this project, with adult supervision.
Instructions include these basic embroidery stitches: backstitch and French knot stitch.
Kit supplies include:
- Embroidery needle
- 8” wooden or bamboo embroidery hoop
- Cotton 6-strand embroidery floss
- 11” cotton muslin fabric
- Iron-on pattern
- Pattern to trace
- Color guide for stitches
- Instructions for basic embroidery stitches
Transferring the embroidery pattern:
This kit comes with two copies of the pattern - an iron-on pattern and a pattern to trace.
The iron-on embroidery pattern makes it easy to transfer the image onto your fabric. Just lay the iron-on pattern (labeled “iron me” in the kit) with the image facing your fabric and gently iron the back of the paper with a dry iron. Once the image is transferred, you’re ready to go! Keep your iron-on pattern and re-use it up to 5 times.
- The embroidery pattern for tracing (labeled “trace me” in the kit) is easy to use with an embroidery tracing pen, or you can use a pencil. Simply lay your fabric on top of the pattern, and trace the pattern onto your fabric. Save the pattern and re-use it as many times as you would like!
Uses for this embroidery kit:
- Display the finished hoop in a nursery or child’s room.
- Use the kit as a part of your next llama-themed party.
- Give as a gift to your crafty friend, neighbor, or child.
- Place your finished product in a photo frame to display in a different, unique way.
- Add embroidery to a bag, blanket, or article of clothing.
- Collect all the Penguin & Fish designs!
Fabric is 100% cotton muslin, 6-strand embroidery floss is 100% Egyptian cotton, embroidery hoop is wood or bamboo
- How many times can I use the iron-on pattern?
The iron on pattern can be used up to 5 times.
- Can my younger child stitch this pattern?
We’ve known kids as young as 6 to stitch our patterns. We recommend 13 and up, but a crafty kid under 13 should be able to stitch this pattern with adult supervision.
- How do you transfer the pattern onto the fabric?
This kit provides two different patterns for easy transferring: An iron-on pattern that can be used up to 5 times and a pattern for tracing.
- I’ve never embroidered before, how will I know what to do?
This kit includes step-by-step embroidery instructions. From putting the fabric in the hoop to threading your embroidery needle, and through your first stitches, we’ve got you covered!
- How big is the finished product?
Finished in the hoop, the wall hanging is 8”. The pattern itself finishes around 3 ¼ x 5 ½ inches.
Pattern is for personal use only, please do not distribute. COMMERCIAL USE IS PROHIBITED. All designs ©Penguin & Fish
I knew when my box stood out from all the plain boring boxes in my lobby I was on to something good. The project kit contains quality products. The yarn colors and very pretty and I appreciated the way it was wrapped. I'll be ordering more kits in the future.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.