Knitting Kitty embroidery pattern - Printable
Kitties like to craft, too! Featuring a knitting kitty with his cup of coffee, reminding us to "Relax and Craft" this PDF printable pattern comes from our popular Knitty Kitty drawstring bag embroidery kit. This simple design will help you learn and practice, the basics of embroidery. With easy to read instructions, you’ll learn how to transfer a pattern, put your fabric in a hoop, easily thread a needle, and complete basic embroidery stitches. This pattern uses these basic embroidery stitches: backstitch, chain stitch, lazy daisy, French knot stitch, and satin stitch.
Finished pattern size: 7.5” x 8” (approx. 19cm x 20cm)
Beginner (ages 13+). Crafty kids under 13 may also be able to do this project, with adult supervision.
To view the file you will need to have Adobe Reader. You can download a free version of Adobe Reader here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
The 6-page PDF pattern includes:
- An image of the finished embroidered pattern
- A stitch and color guide
- Simple embroidery instructions
- An easy to trace black and white pattern
- A black and white pattern in reverse for an iron-on transfer pencil.
Transferring the embroidery pattern:
There are two copies of the pattern so that you can choose which transfer method works best for you. Here’s a brief description of each option:
- The black and white pattern makes it easy to transfer the image on to your fabric by tracing or printing on an embroidery stabilizer. Our favorite way to transfer this version of the pattern is to print on Sulky Stick’n Stitch (you can grab some in the shop HERE). You can also trace the pattern onto your fabric with a Water Soluble Marker (grab a marker in the shop HERE) or a regular pencil.
- The reverse black and white pattern works best with an iron-on transfer pencil. This is a special pencil that, when used to trace the pattern, will iron on to fabric. It’s best to use this pencil with transfer paper, or even tissue paper, but it can be used with regular paper as well. Most iron-on transfer pencil lines are permanent.
- Where do I download my PDF file?
After checking out, you will receive an email that contains a link to download the pattern. You can save your pattern wherever you store your PDF files!
- I’ve never embroidered before, how will I know what to do?
This pattern includes step-by-step embroidery instructions for transferring your pattern, getting started, and doing basic embroidery stitches.
- Do you sell a kit for this pattern??
Yes! This pattern is featured in a kit with a cotton drawstring bag. Click here to go to the Knitty Kitty drawstring bag embroidery kit.
Pattern is for personal use only, please do not distribute. COMMERCIAL USE IS PROHIBITED. All designs ©Penguin & Fish