Most popular kits - gift bundle
Save big with this set of our most popular embroidery kits!
You get 20% off the full price plus a free printable PDF pattern.
(Already discounted in the listing, no need for a coupon code).
These projects are perfect for beginner and seasoned crafters alike. All the supplies you need to get started are included in each of the kits in this bundle, making it a great as a gift idea. With easy to read instructions, you’ll learn how to transfer a pattern, put fabric in a hoop, easily thread a needle and complete basic embroidery stitches. When you’re finished, display your creations in the hoops provided. Patterns in this bundle include: Llama, Unicorn, Tyranno, Hedgehog, and Owl
BONUS! Included in every purchase of this bundle is a FREE PDF pattern - Tyranno Dress Up. This add-on includes lots of fun accessories to dress up your Tyranno friend. You can mix and match the accessories, change up the colors, and prepare your tyranno for whatever comes next!
Beginner (ages 13+). Crafty kids under 13 may also be able to do this project, with adult supervision.
Instructions include these basic embroidery stitches: backstitch, satin stitch, chain stitch, lazy daisy stitch, and French knot stitch.
Supplies for each kit include:
- Embroidery needle
- 8” wooden or bamboo embroidery hoop
- Cotton 6-strand embroidery floss
- 11” cotton muslin fabric
- Iron on pattern
- Pattern to trace
- Color guide for stitches
- Instructions for basic embroidery stitches
Transferring the embroidery pattern:
Each kit comes with two copies of the pattern so that you can choose which transfer method works best for you - you can iron the pattern onto your fabric, or trace the pattern. Here’s a brief description of each option:
- The iron-on embroidery pattern makes it easy to transfer the image on to your fabric. Just lay the iron-on pattern (labeled “iron me” in the kit) with the image facing your fabric and gently iron the back of the paper with a dry iron. Once the image is transferred, you’re ready to go! Keep your iron-on pattern and re-use it up to 5 times.
- The embroidery pattern for tracing (labeled “trace me” in the kit) is easy to use with an embroidery tracing pen, or you can use a pencil. Simply lay your pattern face up, with the fabric on top and trace the pattern onto your fabric. Save the pattern and re-use it as many times as you would like!
Fabric is 100% cotton muslin, 6-strand embroidery floss is 100% Egyptian cotton, embroidery hoop is wood or bamboo
- I’ve never embroidered before, how will I know what to do?
Each kit includes step-by-step embroidery instructions. From putting the fabric in the hoop to threading your embroidery needle, and through to your first stitches, we’ve got you covered!
- Can my younger child stitch this pattern?
We’ve known kids as young as 6 to stitch our patterns. We recommend 13 and up, but a crafty kid under 13 should be able to stitch this pattern with adult supervision.
- How do you transfer the pattern onto the fabric?
This kit provides two different patterns for easy transferring: An iron-on pattern that can be used up to 5 times and a pattern for tracing.
- How many times can I use the iron-on pattern?
The iron on pattern can be used up to 5 times.
- How big is the finished product?
Finished in the hoop, each wall hanging is 8”. The patterns themselves finish around the following: Llama- 3 ¼” x 5 ½”; Unicorn- 3” x 6”; Tyranno- 4 ¾” x 4 ¼”; Hedgehog- 3 ½” x 3 ¾”; Owl- 3 ½” x 3 ¾”
Pattern is for personal use only, please do not distribute. COMMERCIAL USE IS PROHIBITED. All designs ©Penguin & Fish