A few years ago I set out to create a series of embroidery patterns for each letter of the alphabet. I love the way this set has come together. I’ve stitched up all of these patterns and put them into a quilt as well as used individual patterns to frame in a hoop for decoration. These patterns could also be combined to create a banner spelling out a child’s name! The patterns can be stitched with or without the letters at the bottom; I think they’re pretty adorable either way.
This gift bundle is discounted to save you over 25%!
The bundle includes all 26 paper patterns in the ABC collection, 3 yards of unbleached cotton fabric to stitch on, and the complete collection of Penguin & Fish embroidery floss (23 colors) to get you started.
Beginner (ages 13+). Crafty kids under 13 may also be able to do this project, with adult supervision.
Practice these basic embroidery stitches: backstitch, satin stitch, chain stitch, lazy daisy stitch, and French knot stitch.
Each paper pattern includes:
- An image of the finished embroidery
- Iron-on transfer version of the pattern
- Easy to trace black and white version of the pattern
- Color guide for stitches
- Instructions for basic embroidery stitches
Transferring the embroidery pattern:
There are two copies of the pattern so that you can choose which transfer method works best for you - you can iron the pattern onto your fabric, or trace the pattern. Here’s a brief description of each option:
- The iron-on embroidery pattern (labeled “iron me”) makes it easy to transfer the image onto your fabric. Just lay the iron-on pattern with the image facing your fabric and gently iron the back of the paper with a dry iron. Once the image is transferred, you’re ready to go! Keep your iron-on pattern and re-use it up to 5 times.
- The embroidery pattern for tracing (labeled “trace me”) is easy to use with an embroidery tracing pen, or you can use a pencil. Simply lay your pattern face up, with the fabric on top, and trace the pattern onto your fabric. Save the pattern and re-use it as many times as you would like!
- If someone has never embroidered before, how will they know what to do?
Each kit includes step-by-step embroidery instructions. From putting the fabric in the hoop to threading your embroidery needle, and through to your first stitches, we’ve got you covered!
- Are these patterns available individually?
These patterns are available individually as paper patterns or PDF printable patterns.
- How do you transfer the pattern onto the fabric?
There are two different options included for easy transferring: an iron-on pattern that can be used up to 5 times and a black and white pattern for tracing.
- Can my younger child stitch the patterns included in this gift bundle?
We’ve known kids as young as 6 to stitch our patterns. We recommend 13 and up, but a crafty kid under 13 should be able to stitch this pattern with adult supervision.
Pattern is for personal use only, please do not distribute. COMMERCIAL USE IS PROHIBITED. All designs ©Penguin & Fish
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.